Monday, March 12, 2007

Vista Is On The Way!!

I just got an email today that my upgrade to Windows Vista is on the way. It should be here in a day or two.

Upgrading to a new operating system definitely brings about mixed feelings. I'm excited about the features that Vista offers, particularly the nifty new GUI, but also some things that should help with productivity.

But at the same time, I'm worried that the upgrade won't go smoothly. I'm fairly dependent on a number of programs, so I've got to make sure they are all Vista compatible. Most importantly, all my hardware and drivers have to work.

Fortunately, I got my new laptop in January, and it bears the happy "Windows Vista Compatible" sticker. I'll definitely backup my data and do some research before I attempt the upgrade. But it should be fairly smooth sailing. Hopefully...

No comments: