Thursday, February 22, 2007

Awesome Website for Vegetarian, Vegan, and Meatless Diets

It's odd for a life-long meat eater to ditch meat for a while, but that's what I'm doing. I don't think animals are sacred, but I do want to observe a Lenten fast. Thus, it's veggies for me until Easter.

While looking online for some veggie recipes, I stumbled across VegWeb. This is a fantastic site that has a community of vegetarians, vegans, and other meatless eaters. The feature I like the best is the recipes. You can add individual recipes to your own "recipe box," and even add them to a "grocery list." Then the site will tell you exactly what you need to buy at the store. Cool, right?

My first real vegetarian meal was Extra Good Black Bean Burritos. I'm not a great cook, but these turned out awesome! I ended up eating two tonight (definitely overkill) and freezing three. Thus, I've got some yummy food waiting for me!

If you're looking for a great resource for meatless diets, check out VegWeb.

No comments: