Monday, February 26, 2007

Get Affordable Glasses Online

I'm always for saving a little money. When my glasses broke a few days ago, I set out to find an affordable lens-replacement option.

LensCrafters wanted $290 to put lens in the frames I already had. I couldn't believe their price. Plus, it would take two weeks to get them done. I figured there had to be a better option.

Then I found 39DollarGlasses. As the name says, they sell complete glasses for $39. That's a bargain in anyone's book. The only problem was that I want to use my old frames (they're the cool Flexon kind that you can bend & they spring back into shape). Luckily, these guys can put new lenses in your old frames as well.

In the end, I'm paying 39DollarGlasses about $70 for new lenses. They're more than $39 because I opted for the anti-reflective coating and my frames are semi-rimless (extra labor, I presume). I overnighted my old frames to them, and they're overnighting everything back when they're done. When it's all done, it will have cost about $100. That's much better than $290. I'll just have to remember to update this post and let you guys know if it works out. :)

UPDATE (Mar. 5) - My glasses came this afternoon. They are perfect! The prescription seems right (I can see now!), the frames are straightened out, and I got a nice microfiber bag and hard case for FREE. I highly recommend this company.

No comments: