Friday, March 2, 2007

Awesome Headphones - Shure E2c

I'm the proud owner of a pair of Shure E2c sound isolating earphones. You might laugh when I tell you that I paid $108.24 for these puppies ($99.99 + tax), but they're worth every penny.

Instead of the cheapo Apple earbuds that came with my iPod, I use my Shure earphones all the time. Since they isolate sound, I don't have to crank the volume over ambient noise around me. Instead, the Shure earphones literally block out the sound.

Sound isolating headphones work kind-of like an earplug with a headphone attached. Even without music playing, you can't hear much of anything that's going on around you. This means that you only have to turn your volume up a little bit to hear the music. This saves your hearing from unneeded stress.

Be sure not to confuse these earphones with the type that use an electronic device to neutralize sound. Those type produce a whitenoisey sound that tries to deaden ambient noise. It never makes sense to battle noise with ... more noise!

Unfortunately, my earphones have a short in the cord. Sound in the right ear is fuzzy and it comes in and out. Luckily, I discovered that Shure has a 2-year warranty on these puppies. With any luck, I'll have a fixed pair in my hands in a couple weeks. That's a great investment in my book!

No comments: